09 January 2009

Self-Mastery and the Sub-conscious Mind - Part I


HABITS

How we Think and what we Feel are usually consistent. This is because we generally develop certain habits as to how we Think or Feel. For most people, certain Stimuli will always elicit the same Emotions or Thoughts until something happens that causes us to change how we react to that Stimuli. It's part of how we create and solidify what we look upon as our "personality".

In order to Master our Thoughts and Emotions, we must learn to erase bad habits and replace them with good ones. How do we do this?

We do it by "re-programming" our Sub-Conscious Mind. We re-program the Sub-Conscious mind through MEDITATION.

I'll atttempt to explain this beginning with the following quoted information. I will post a link to the source material when I am finished.

[QUOTE]

REGARDING HYPNOSIS - by "DHARMA"

There are several parts to the human mind. One is the "conscious" and the other is the "subconscious".

The conscious mind is that portion of the mind of which you are fully aware. It is the "me" when you think of yourself. Now, it appears that this is the portion of your mind that makes all of the decisions and directs your activities. This, however, is NOT true. The other and larger part of your mind is the subconscious.

The subconscious is the REAL YOU. In actuality, the conscious mind is ruled and directed by the subconcious mind. We all have "free-will" to do anything that we desire and our decisions are based on the strength of those desires.

The subconscious desires ALWAYS dominate the ones which are conscious. Let us use an example; A man may consciously wish to stop drinking if he is an alcoholic. He consciously regrets having the loss of love and respect of his family, which usually happens. He may also be watching his career being destroyed due to his drinking. Yet he will continue to drink to excess in spite of his "conscious" desires. The subconscious mind will continue to direct the person to drink in excess untli such time as the idea within the subconscious mind is changed or replaced by a different idea.

Although our conscious mind has the ability to reason and decide upon a course of action which would be far more advantageous to us, it cannot put that decision into action until such time as the subconscious mind agrees--and then must direct its energy towards the implementation of that decision. Our source of energy stems from the subconscious mind and no amount of WILL-POWER exerted by the consious mind can override it. This is the reason "will-power" in the long run will almoost always make a temporary dent in any surface physical problem. Habits will continue to dominate until the subconscious mind is changed.

The subconscious mind works exactly as a computer works in that it will respond only as it has been programmed. Much of the programming took place long before we were old enough to choose between ideas helpful or hurtful to our very own welfare.

The subconscious mind accepts only what the conscious mind believes at the time a suggestion is offered. If that suggestion becomes embedded in the subconscious mind and the conscious mind changes its opinion, the subconscious will CONTINUE to respond as originally programmed until such time as it is reprogrammed. After a NEW IDEA is PROGRAMMED and accepted within the subconscious, however, it then becomes accepted and is the idea upon which the Indivdual will henceforth function. It now becomes apparent that if we wish to attain self-mastery in any situation, we must program and/or reprogram (as the case may be), our subconscious mind. Once this is accomplished we then CONSCIOUSLY direct our activity toward any goal desired--be it toward good health, happiness, financial successor success in any endeavor chosen.

Since the subconscious mind is our driving force we always do what IT believes and wishes us to do. Since it will believe anything it is told to believe we can reprogram it if we only bypass the subconscious mind--set it aside--and the we must replace the old "program" with new and constructively positive ideas instead of the existing negative ones.

These new ideas must be continually reinforced until they are totally entrenched habits of thinking and acting. It becomes obvious, therefore, that we must temporarily set aside that critical conscious mind, so that reasoning from a "false premise" can be stopped, thus allowing us to substitute a correct premise for the false one that we have stored within the subconscious.

This is accomplished most efficiently and rapidly through HYPNOSIS.

[END QUOTE]

Part 2 follows next. I'm typing as fast as I can. *smile*

~~ G

2 comments:

joy said...

Dear Brother Gee.
Thank you for the information you posted about the mind and emotion. I, too , am aware of these. and have practiced all the recommended reprogramming, with varying poor result.

I have done an extensive examination of this subject on a personal level. I was sort of curious about similar experiences among the readers, hence my inquiry to share. I thought here might be a "100 monkey effect" among those around the nation, zeroing on this subject

My experience:

In 2006,I decided
that I had enough of the 3d world.
So, I got rid of my worldly belongings,a business, my home and off I travelled in a van across the USA. My goal was to ascend.
I did not know how to do this , but surely, my divine Self does. So, I said to divine self,
" disconnect me from the 3d and ascend me now."
Afte a few months, I was not ascending. So I said to spirit, "what is the problem? Did I not surrender everything?" What else to surrender?
Then I began to notice that my conscious mind would start my day even before i was fully awake, with all kinds of dramas,bits and pieces of memories mostly unpleaseat. I sense this mind to be like a broken record.
I always kept a journal, and I would write my observations and questions to Spirit as they came
up. What I learned was astounding.
I learned that the Mental- Emotional bodies are indeed sort of biocomputers that I am supposed to operate. But, since I was "asleep on the wheel" these biocomputers did not have a direction. Well, since their nature is that of a slave, they needed a direction. Since I was asleep, they went on to create a master who can give them orders on how to navigate the 3d. Out came the Ego-Personality. My mental-emotional bodies now take orders from the Ego, the false god.Ego is connected to the 3d matrix. All these negative programs are in the Ego.things such as doubt, fear greed, poverty boredom.Ego became in time, a massive thoughtform, has a mind and agenda of its own.
Mostly to survive and grow. Everyday I would notice my ideas and reactions to life are actually not mine but from the unholy alliance of my mental, emotional bodies and their master, the Ego. This is astounding..!

I thought that was me.

There is now a schism between who I am and my Ego personality.I would find myself saying, " I dislike this particular race"... wait, "no. I do not dislike them. They are my human family, evolving just like
everybody else." that is what I would argue with my mental body.
I did not know how to control my
Ego, I just know it is not coming with me where I am going.This is the item I have to surrender.
So, I asked Spirit what to do.
I already have the tool to transmute thoughtforms, why not try it? Idid. It worked wonders.
How about my mental body? the unpleasant thoughts that come out spontaneously, the automatic obsessing?, belief in povety, etc, etc.,,, I was already given the tool to transmute these densities to light. So, I did. It worked like a charm...

Whew. IT took me over a year to do this work..Now, I am always monitoring my mentalbody processes. When something negative comes out, I transmute the density
I talk to my mental body when I reprogram it. It works. Spirit said mental body is programmable, and it is. There is still work to do with my mental body called retraining, but all in all I am almost out of the 3d matrix.

If any of the readers would like to know how to transmute the Ego and mental densities to light, let me know.
This requires working with your christ self , Archangel Michael and Merlin.
Oh, well. ts that time, end of a cosmic day. We all must finish our housecleaning to go home.

Blessings.
Jo

BrotherGee said...

Jo,

Congratulations! You have learned to "stand outside of yourself" and gain control over much of your Thought processes. As you well know by now, once we can control our Thoughts, it follows that we will control our Actions.

It's about we "Spirits-Experiencing-As-Humans" taking RESPONSIBILITY for the way we treat others and ourselves. The goal is to forge a Connection with Spirit that is so strong, we will be able to perform RIGHT ACTIONS without even having to "think" about it. It has to become automatic. When that happens, we will have successfully connected Spirit to Matter in a manner that will reap huge benefits for us in Knowledge, Wisdom and Soul-Growth.

Thanks for sharing your Experience with us. You've shown that Self-Mastery is an attainable goal. It's always encouraging to know that the great things we Aspire towards are truly within our Grasp -- but we have to make the decision to put in the work that will be needed to fulfill our Aspirations.

Love,

~~ G