21 March 2014

The Thousand-Year Reign


[QUOTING]

"Albeit at the dissolution of the universe, that is, when the number of the perfect souls is completed and the mystery through which the universe altogether has risen, is completed, I will pass a thousand years  according to the years of the Light, being king over all the emanations of the Light and over the whole number of the perfect souls who have received all mysteries".

It came to pass, when Jesus had finished speaking these words to his disciples, that Mary Magdalene came forward and said: "My Lord, how many years of the world is a year of the Light?"

Jesus answered and said unto Mary: "A day of the Light is a thousand years in the world, so that thirty-six myriads* of years and a half-myriad of years of the world are a single year of the Light.

"I shall, therefore, pass a thousand years of the Light being king over all the emanations of the Light and over the whole number of perfect souls who have received the mysteries of the Light.

"And ye, my disciples, and everyone who shall receive the mystery of the Ineffable, will abide with me on my right and on my left, being kings with me in my kingdom".

Book Three, Chapters 98-99, Pistis Sophia

[END QUOTING]

* A myriad is equal to 10,000

So, given the above, how many years of the world are a thousand years of the Light?

Hint: it's an awful long time. :-)

~ g
.

No comments: