01 November 2008

-- Freeway Therapy --


WHERE "NEGATIVITY" COMES FROM

We Souls experiencing as Humans are fond of saying that outside catalysts "make us feel" a certain way. This is a false assertion. No one can "make us feel" anything. No one can "make us feel bad", or "make us angry", "hurt my feelings", etc. Whatever we "feel", we CHOOSE to feel.

How can someone "make" me angry? By standing in my face and screaming "Be Angry! BE ANGRY!"?? That would only make me laugh! The same goes for all those other emotions. No. We "feel" what we feel because WE CHOOSE to react to stimulus in certain, specific ways.

If one stops and thinks about this, one may recognize a powerful Truth. No one, nothing OUTSIDE of you can manipulate your emotions. Only you, me, WE are in charge of how we "feel".

I am going through this to illustrate a point. When we read, hear or see Information, we have to realize that the Energy in that Information is NEUTRAL. Whatever the words on a page or the vision on a screen displays to us, they have no inherent Polarity in and of themselves. The Information represents neither "Good" nor "Bad", "Positive" or "Negative". These things simply represent Information. How we Process, Interpret and Accept that Information is the critical thing and is completely up to us.

If we harbor Fear within ourselves, believing that we are Separate and Apart from the Source of All, we may tend to view certain information as "negative". If we cultivate Courage within our Being, knowing that we are one with Source and that we have the ability to create our personal Reality moment-to-moment, we will view Information as an empowering thing. Not something to be feared, but to be welcomed, especially when Secrets are being revealed.

We must learn to master our human emotions. I'm not saying that we should become automatons. On the contrary, we should cease being the automatons that we become when we automatically "react" in a predictable manner to difficult stimuli.

"FREEWAY THERAPY"

The next time someone cuts you off on the freeway, or jumps in front of you in line, or says something that you don't "like", or behaves in any manner that normally gets your Emotions boiling...stop and think for a second. During this quick pause remind yourself that

"Right now, I can choose any emotion I wish to choose as a reaction. I control how this stimulus will affect me. Which emotion shall I choose?".

Hopefully, instead of Anger, Impatience, Vengeance, etc., your Choice will be Calmness, Serenity, Patience, Understanding and Forgiveness.

I call it "Freeway Therapy" because each time I get behind the wheel of my car, I know that I am going to get ample opportunites to test my Emotional-Reactive choices. Because of this, I no longer react in an agggressive manner to bone-headeness on the highways, or most other places. Who knows? If we resist aggressively confronting those who aggressively wrong us, maybe that person goes home and DOESN'T beat his wife, or drink herself in a stupor, etc. As an added Bonus, by NOT reacting in a negative fashion to this sort of stimuli, WE remove ourselves from the Negative Energy that is generated in the World on a daily basis. In this way, we Assist Mother Earth by contributing to Her our Positive Vibrations of Light.

Yes, it is difficult for we Souls experiencing as Human to "back down" from a challenge, or "turn the other cheek". That is because we don't recognize the POWER inherent in those actions. It has always been said, and I have confirmed it to be true, that it takes more Strength to walk away from a fight, than it does to Engage in one.

When we begin to consistently exercise control over our Emotional Selves, we will enable ourselves to make great strides in our personal Soul Growth. We also help to make the World better by not contributing our own "negative" energy to Mother Earth and the collective Human thought-form that permeates her.

Sounds like a definite "Win-Win", eh? Go ahead, give it a try. You know you want to. *smile*

All Love

~~ G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is funny BrotherGee that just yesterday I was in my car with my grand-daughter who is learning how to drive. I had asked her if she had ever witnessed road rage and she replied. "Well sometimes Dad gets that way at other drivers"

She was driving and of course ,cautiously,going a little slow. There was an impatient driver behind us who blew his horn and went around us.

Just as he passed us,I gave him the finger and of course he stopped and backed up,rolled down his window and said. "you got a problem man" I looked at him and I said. "She's just learning how to drive" and he replied. "Oh, Hey I'm sorry man" and I followed with "I'm sorry too. He then drove away.

Here I was being a great example to my grand-daughter by giving her a true life example of a 'road rage' event.

Your quote "Hopefully, instead of Anger, Impatience, Vengeance, etc., your Choice will be Calmness, Serenity, Patience, Understanding and Forgiveness."

I applied the principle of impartial self-observation that I learned from a great author,lecturer and spiritual teacher Vernon Howard.

I observed what it means to turn the other cheek.

Kevin

BrotherGee said...

Isn't it amazing how the smallest situations take on greater significance once we begin to "step back" and recognize them as specific challenges?

Even though you were temporarily caught up in the usual Human reaction, you caught yourself in time to keep a potentially volatile situation from boiling over. Kudos to the other guy as well. The last thing your grand-daughter needed to see was two grown men behaving badly. :-)

It's very difficult for us to "un-learn" the way we've been taught. But you are living proof that it can be done. First you, then the next person, and the next person, and the next person, and eventually...the whole World.

All Love, Brother Kevin. I Bow to You.

~~ G