13 August 2016

Resolutions To Keep Along The Way


[QUOTING]

My duty is to learn and understand the Holy Writ, so that I may direct my children by its Light. I acknowledge that only by example can I be a true and worthy exponent.

The faith I hold shall not be something imprisoned within my thoughts, but something lived and expressed in deeds. I give thanks for the knowledge that I am a Living Soul, but I know full well the responsibility I bear towards my Future Being. I will not be a disgrace to the Earth when I pass to the Greater Realm beyond.

I shall not seek to blame others for my own failures. I shall be ever-mindful of the good things in Life and be grateful for them. I shall suffer adversity and affliction with fortitude, rising above them and not cringing before them like a dog under the stick of his master. Doubts, fears, unnatural desires and inhuman urges may lurk along my Path, like forest demons which waylay those who travel, but I shall overcome them.

I recognize that my Soul and Body compete for satisfaction of their separate desires. I know that each day the Body dies a little, that every day draws it nearer to the Dark Shore. Therefore, I will follow the precepts of Prudence, and each and every day will be a step forward in the awakening of my Soul. I shall not punish my True Self for the sake of a decaying body.

I will live in the Light as revealed in the Holy Writ, the Written Light as revealed to the Brothers of the Book.

From "The Book of the Sons of Fire - Chapter 18 - The Masiba Amendments" - The Kolbrin

[END QUOTING]
.

No comments: