25 December 2008

"Make" Me

I want to touch on something that's very important for all of us. I've alluded to it earlier and now I want to elaborate on it a bit. If Humanity would only grasp the following Truth, half the World's problems of Violence, Rage, Revenge, Feelings of low Self-Worth, etc. would disappear overnight. That Truth is this:

No One Can "Make" You Feel Anything.

"She made me so angry!"
"That makes me feel sad".
"He made me feel bad".
"That made me feel this, or this made me feel that".


We hear or utter these expressions everyday without giving a single thought to what we are hearing or saying. This sort of thinking is one of the main reasons that We tend to believe that we are not in Control of our lives. If HOW WE FEEL is in the hands of another, then we are indeed POWERLESS. However, that is a fallacy based on our Ignorance of the Fact that WE are the only ones who are Responsible For How We Feel.

No one can "make" us feel a certain way. We feel the way we wish to feel, based on our own individual Choices. The important thing to remember is that most of us choose our emotions Subconsciously, while the developed Soul will make these Choices CONSCIOUSLY. Once we learn to CONSCIOUSLY react to negative stimuli, we can eventually regain control over our Emotions and reach a highly-valued state of Balance.

Think about it. Someone says something to us or infers something about us to which we "take offense". If it's not true, we'll get angry. If it hints at truth, we'll get depressive thoughts about ourselves. These are REACTIONS that we subconsciously CHOOSE to feel.


For example, someone is unemployed and living with their Mom. If some random person calls them a "moocher" and a "bum", the unemployed person will tend to react in one of the above two ways (aggressive or depressive), simply because that person recognizes a certain truth behind those statements. There is a truth there that the person is unable to defend, or has struggled to deal with. This "tiny seed" of recognition can cause a person to lash out at the one who had the temerity to remind them of their unemployed status.

The offended person is not really mad at the one who spoke these words, they are simply angry at their own inability to effectively deal with their joblessness. This inability, coupled with difficulty in dealing with negative outside stimuli (i.e. other people's thoughts and words) leads them to react using the most primitive tools Humanity has in its arsenal: Anger and Self-Hatred.

THERE IS ANOTHER WAY

What if the following happened instead? Similar situation, different approach. Some random person or maybe even a someone close to you says or does something that starts to elicit a negative reaction from you. You're ready to go "aggressive" or "depressive", but wait! What if you take a single moment to recognize that regardless of this Stimuli that is being presented to you that YOUARE STILL IN CONTROL! YOU HAVE THIS INSTANT TO CHOOSE HOW YOU ARE GOING TO "FEEL" ABOUT THIS, HOW YOU ARE GOING TO REACT. YOU MUST CHOOSE WISELY.

It is at that point we can give ourselves the Opportunity to navigate Situations in a controlled manner instead of just reacting and lashing out willy-nilly. We take a moment, take a breath and stop to realize that what is being said to us is being said with the express Intent of trying to draw a certain reaction from us. People say these things to us because their intent is to HURT us, to trigger the Emotions inside of us that we can LEAST control. Once we realize that WE are the Custodians of our Emotions and that WE control when, where and how they are brought to the surface, our Lives and the way we treat Others will improve DRAMATICALLY.

No more of this, "I'm an emotional person, that's just how I am". That's a cop-out. That's just us saying that we are too LAZY to assert control over our lives. Even more, it indicates that we may actually enjoy exploding over this or brooding over that every minute of every day.

Which do you want to be? The Captain at the wheel, in control of the Destination of the Ship? Or the Captain of a Ship with a broken rudder, depending on the capricious Winds to take you where you wish to go?

When we automatically react aggressively or depressively, we REWARD those who are trying to hurt us. We also LESSEN our own Vibrational Energies and leave ourselvse open to Physical Illness and Spiritual Weakening. If we can learn to Ignore these assaults upon our Emotions, if we can learn to maintain a Balanced response to negative Stimuli, our Adversaries LOSE their effectiveness and We stand to Reap unimaginable Benefits.

I speak from experience, as I grew up with a hair-trigger temper and am now the calmest, most gentle person you would ever want to meet. Nothing fazes me unless I choose to be fazed. Even in those very rare occasions when that happens, I automatically "catch" myself and consciously return myself to Balance. I am in charge of my Emotions, just as I am in charge of my Body and my Thoughts.

I'm here to tell you that there is nothing like Knowing that We are indeed "The Captain of our Ship and The Master of Our Soul". It's important for us to understand the foregoing because our ultimate aim is to improve the state of our Individual Aura, Vibration, call it what you will in preparation for Ascending to our next State of Being. One of the best ways to raise these Invisible Assets is to learn to consciously control our Physical and Emotional reactions to Physical and Emotional stimuli.

Happy Holidays!

All Love,


~~ G

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true BrotherGee. Most people contain one mechanical
reaction after another and it is also true that many of those
same folks actually identify with the pain that comes with it.
They think that they are it. The ego says - "Well I don't have
much but at least I have my misery.

Last week one of my associates at work died from heart disease
right after having surgery(which just finished him off).
Although he had abused his body all his life and refused any
advice from me as far as health and nutrition he was still
my friend and brother. I chose to look at his death as something
to celebrate about. It's not the end for Wayne it's a new beginning.

Because of a conscious choice I did not fall into sadness and
depression like I would have done in the past. To many it would
appear that I am insensitive to my friends departure. But that
is just the result of programmed,conditioned, mechanical thought.

I pray to Creator God that we all become "The Captain of our Ship
and The Master of Our Soul".

Peace and Love

Kevin

BrotherGee said...

Kevin,

Interestingly enough, I recently had the same situation happen to me at work. This was pancreatic cancer. He wasn't a close friend, but he was a co-worker and that's practically family since we see interact with them everyday.

Well, everyone was going around with the "Poor Tim" and "It's so tragic", etc. Someone came up to me and said the usual "Isn't it a shame about Tim?". My response was "Well, it may appear to be a shame to US because we don't know what's on the other side of "The Door". But just because we don't know what's on the other side of "The Door" doesn't mean that there's nothing on the other side of "The Door", y'know?".

This person understood right away what I was saying and I could see in their response that they had also thought about these things. I agree, some may see our reactions as Insensitivity, but that's only because they do not understand the full picture...yet.

We are in the dreadful habit of mourning death. If we only knew how beneficial it is to our loved ones to be joyful when they depart! I have instructed my children that if and when I happen to depart this World that they are to cremate me for as little money as possible, then have the biggest party ever. Invite friends, tell jokes, etc. Because this is what is SUPPOSED to happen when loved ones pass.

Our co-workers Wayne and Tim are free...FREE!! They are looking back on us from where they are, rejuvenated and pain-free. They want us to know how ALRIGHT they are, but they can't. I'd like to get into this in a future post, because we all need to learn how to PROPERLY say goodbye to our dearly departed Loved Ones.

Another note regarding your comment about surgery. I know whereof you speak. Once these surgeons open you up, you are likely to never be the same. Rooting around inside of you, re-arranging your vital organs, it's just a recipe for disaster. In my opinion, to a surgeon, every surgery is just a homework assignment. If they get it wrong, so what? The surgeon has still learned something. Unfortunately, the patient is just as dead, or just as maimed. The only thing that mitigates this for me is that I know that this is the way that these Souls choose to Transition, so I understand the deeper Workings. Still, I endeavor to keep as healthy as possible. The health care system in the U.S. and in other nations has a vested interest in "prolonging for profit" a declining quality-of-life for the patient. It is also designed to sell medication for it's "master", the pharmaceutical companies.

As I'm sure you are aware of, healthcare systems are strongly opposed to Natural and Homeopathic systems. They know that therein lies their demise.

Thanks again, Kevin! I always appreciate your comments. You're a good man.

Peace, Love and Understanding.

~~ G

BrotherGee said...

Kevin,

This is a P.S. to your comment

"Most people contain one mechanical
reaction after another and it is also true that many of those
same folks actually identify with the pain that comes with it.
They think that they are it. The ego says - "Well I don't have
much but at least I have my misery.


You are EXACTLY right. I got a bit of a chuckle out of the "at least I have my misery" comment. We all know people like that. It is our hope that they will someday change that ego-based mindset.

~~ G

Anonymous said...

Brother Gee

In regards to what you wrote

The only thing that mitigates this for me is that I know that this is the way that these Souls choose to Transition, so I understand the deeper Workings.

So the deeper workings are - that our souls choose how we transition?

BrotherGee said...

Kevin,

Yes. Prior to incarnating we make agreements with other Souls to be our Parents, Siblings, Adversaries, etc. We choose where we will live our Physical lives, and under what conditions. We also choose the manner and the timing of our Exit from the Physical plane.

This is why in battle an entire platoon can be wiped out by an ambush in an open field, yet one soldier will survive. It was not his "time". Another example is when a drunk driver kills a family of three in a head-on collision yet he is the sole survivor, walking away without a scratch. Again, it is not his "time". In addition, that Soul probably has much to learn and living with the horrible Consequences of his Irresponsible act is a part of his Journey.

As for the three Souls who were members of the family that was killed, it is more than likely that at some point in a previous life, others died by their own Careless Hands. Their Karmic Debt had to be repaid, and thus they chose to play a part in the drunk driving accident. No Debt goes unpaid, no Lesson goes unlearned.

I would like to elaborate on this very soon. Suffice it to say, there is a REASON for everything that happens on this Earth plane. We are not just stumbling willy-nilly from one crazy situation to the next. EVERYTHING in our Lives has been set up for us to make Choices that will advance our Soul Growth. The manner of our passing is chosen well before our Birth. The circumstances are contrived to yield the maximum effect on the departing Soul and those around him/her.

This is a critically important subject that is necessary for us to grasp so that we can begin to see World Events and our Personal Lives in a more Truthful and Honest Light. This Understanding will allow us to live our Lives with a Wisdom that will benefit ourselves and those around us.

So much has been hidden from us. But we are working hard to remember. We will.

~~ G

Anonymous said...

Hi G

I've certainly enjoyed this article. I'm reading the Kryon Series of books and your words solidify the nature of us and that we are here by choice and in lesson. We leave when it is time especially when an accident causes our departure.

Thanks,
Darrell Catmull

joy said...

Brother Gee,
Am most intrigued with this aticle of yours.
It is wellknown in the metaphysical
circles that if and when one learns to control his mind and his emotions, he is on his way out of the Matrix (3d matrix). It is a realization that the mind (conscious and subconscious)and the emotional body are your tools and they are under your direction at all times. You, I mean the governing Presence of your energy field.
Will you therefore, show us, describe
how you solved this most perplexing dilemma that has plagued mankind since the beginning?
Also, if any of your readers have any idea on this subject, please share?
Thanks,
jo

BrotherGee said...

BigBig,

I'm glad that you were able to get something out of this post. Although I haven't read Kryon extensively, I've always taken a look at the material when I come across it. Kryon has a lot to offer.

Jo,

I will answer your questions in an upcoming post, as quickly as possible. Only because it will take more than a few words to try and explain clearly.

Thanks to you both for taking the time to stop by!

All Love,

~~ G