07 August 2012

The Wonder of the Original Atom


[QUOTING]

The person who keeps his attention fixed on the spirit-spark atom with undying fervor and with all of his seeking soul makes wondrous discoveries, so wondrous and boundless in results that a deep gratitude rises up in him that the Rosycross makes use of every opportunity to draw his attention to the Original Atom situated at the top of the right heart ventricle. The unchanging message that the Spiritual School directs to its pupils is, 'Brother, sister, in all things and before all things, pay attention to your Original Atom. For that atom is the key to your true existence. It is the mystery of all mysteries, the beginning and the ending of all new geneses'.

 Firstly we will give you an utterly sober account of a person who took up the urgent invitation and kept his devoted, seeking attention unwaveringly fixed on the spirit-spark atom. See here the result of his investigation:

'Following the advice I had been given with wise intent, I started to keep my attention unchangingly fixed on the spirit-spark atom, and I succeeded in making this the subject of my unfading interest a presence with me in all my daily activities. Even when activities on the horizontal plane completely occupied my mind, I nevertheless knew that this object of my concentration was present and active in a certain part of my brain.

Finally my situation was such that I had difficulty in preventing this subject from obsessing me, but eventually this gem of my devotion became a possession of my blood, just as our characteristics, the idiosyncrasies of our type, are in our blood and continually exert their influences.

In this way the mystery of the Original Atom circulated in my veins as a characteristic so that all the centers of my personality in turn were affected by it, day and night. It became part of my thinking, willing, feeling, and acting. I dreamt of this mystery of the heart.

And just as an extremely sensitive precision instrument registers impressions that escape the sense, my being was thus being prepared for the gazing into an immense miracle. Firstly I knew that the Original Atom in its virginal, dualistic state is also called The Rosebud. Our microcosm, our small world, has a soul, an ensouled personality, a small world soul. And didn't Plato in his Platonic mysteries speak about the world soul that is crucified? Indeed, how correct!

The cross of our personality stands erected in the nature of death, in a microcosm that is broken away from the Logos. I experience everything that the School of the Rosycross has taught me about duality. I am hanging on the cross in the breath of death. But at the same time there is a tremendous joy that there is a Rosebud, full of the promises of a new youth.

The atom is a wonderful phenomenon. What is an atom? It is everything -- it is a universe. It contains forces that defy the bravest imagination. When a small number of atoms of a certain kind are broken up with tremendous energy, explosions are caused that wipe away everything for miles around.

The energy released by a split atom can be channelled and applied according to certain techniques. But the atom of The Rosebud cannot be split by any known or yet unknown dualistic energy. The energy in it, the mystery of it, cannot be released in such a way. The Rosebud can grow and flower only in a completely different field of existence. Joy would have to make way for sadness, if some scientific genius were capable of splitting the Rosebud atom, because the released energy would bring only devastation.

An atom is a world, a world order, a microcosm. I understand very clearly that indications such as large or small are only spatial-temporal concepts. The spaces inside the Rosebud atom are as wide as eternity. The aspects and meanings and possibilities in it are as manifold as grains of sand by the sea.

The Rosebud is a world order, a world soul, an omni-manifestation that cannot express itself here. It is an omni-manifestation that is not of this world, a gigantic kingdom, but not of this nature. The Rosebud contains a stilled life that would be able to blossom with exuberant majesty. But the fragrance of that royal glow of life cannot be perceived here.

I carry within me a new world, thrice divine. I carry the house of the Father, in which there are many mansions; but no one can be in and of two worlds at the same time. What the occultist regards as participating in two worlds is just participating in two spheres of one and the same world. If I want to participate in that stilled, sleeping world, in the kingdom that is not of this world, in the kingdom that I nevertheless carry in me, and of which it is said, 'See, the kingdom of God is within you', then I must leave my world.

[END QUOTING]
From The Wonder of the Original Atom by Jan van Rijckenborgh .

No comments: