01 May 2016

The Hymn Of The Robe Of Glory - Conclusion


My Bright embroidered Robe,
Which ... with glorious colors;
With gold and with beryls,
And rubies and agates
And sardonyxes varied in color,

It was also made ready in its Home on high
And with stones of adamant
All its seams were fastened;
And the image of the King of kings
Was depicted in full all over it;

And like the sapphire stone also were its manifold hues,
Again I saw that all over It
The motions of Knowledge were stirring
And as if to speak
I saw It also making Itself ready.

I heard the sound of Its tones,
Which It uttered to those who brought It down
Saying, "I ...
Whom they reared for him in the presence of my fathers.

And I also perceived in myself
That my stature was growing according to his labors.
And in Its Kingly motions
It was sprawling Itself out towards me,
And in the hands of Its Givers
It hastened that I may take It.

And me, too, my Love urged on
That I should run to meet It and receive It;
And I stretched forward and received It,
With the beauty of Its colors I adorned myself

And my Toga of brilliant colors
I cast around me, in Its whole breadth.
I clothed myself therewith, and ascended
To the Gate of Salutation and Homage,
To the Majesty of my Father who had sent It to me,

For I had done His commandments,
And He, too, had done what He promised,
And at the Gate of His princes
I mingled with His nobles;

For He rejoiced in me and received me,
And I was with Him in His Kingdom.
And with the voice...
All His servants glorify Him.

And He promised that also to the Gate
Of the King of kings I should speed with him,
And bringing my Gift and my Pearl
I should appear with Him before the King.

The Hymn of the Robe of Glory (also know as the Hymn of the Soul) by the 3rd century gnostic, Bardaisan

~ g
.

No comments: